Chiswick Restaurant Splendour Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Chiswick Restaurant (ABN: 11 738 035 970) whose registered office is at 65 Ocean St, Woollahra known also as Chiswick Woollahra.
2. The competition is open to Australian residents 18 years or over.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.chiswickwoollahra.com.au/chiswickatsplendour
6. Entries open from 27 June 2018 and close on 5 July 2018 at 11:59pm AEST (“Promotional Period”). After this date and time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Be the first to take a photo of yourself and the Chiswick Van (logo legible) at the hidden location and upload it to Instagram with the #chiswickatsplendour during the Promotional Period. Entrants must follow clues released on the @chiswickwoollahra Instagram account to find where the van is hidden.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. The promoter and its agents will choose a winner based on who has accurately interpreted the clues to be the first to find the Chiswick van, followed entry rules and regulations and successfully uploaded a photo that meets competition standards to Instagram. There will be two (2) locations in total during the Promotional Period.
11. The van will be parked in one location until it is found by the first person in which case it will be moved to the second location until it is found there.
12. Entries must not be obscene, offensive or inappropriate, or infringing upon the rights of any third party. The promoter reserves the right at any time to verify entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrants or entries where there is reasonable suspicion of any unlawful or improper conduct, or if there has otherwise been a breach of the competition terms and conditions.
13. Winners will be notified by direct Instagram message from @chiswickwoollahra within 24 hours of uploading the winning photo.
14. The prizes are as follows: the entrants that arrive at each location first and upload their picture to Instagram (meeting competition rules and guidelines) will receive a double entry VIP pass to Splendour in the Grass 2018. Entrants must also be following the Chiswick Woollahra Instagram account to be eligible.
15. Failure to upload the aforementioned photo will be cause to forfeit entry to the competition and the prize.
16. The prizes are to be taken as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the tickets are not included. Redemption of the tickets is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the tickets.
17. The promoter will notify the winners when and where the prize can be collected / will be delivered.
18. The winner of this competition cannot be an employee of Solotel or any affiliate of a Solotel employee. Entry into the competition as a Solotel employee or affiliate will be immediately cancelled.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
20. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
21. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
22. If the winner of the competition does not respond to Solotel attempts to award the prize, the prize will be awarded to the runner up of the competition as announced by Solotel.
23. The prize of a double VIP pass to Splendour in the Grass does not include accommodation=. Accommodation is the responsibility of the winner and entry into the competition is an acknowledgement of this responsibility. For clarity, each prize consists of tickets only and winners must make their own way to and from the Splendour in the Grass 2018 event.
24. Entrants consent to the promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the promoter.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) participation in the Chiswick competition or use of any prize.
29. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Instagram Rules, which can be found at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the promoter and not to Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
30. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the promoter and not to Instagram. Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.