Maple Syrup and Clove Christmas Ham Recipe
December sings with festive fun and nothing’s better than the smiles, laughter, family and friends you surround yourself with this Christmas. Why not make this Christmas a cracker for your loved ones by sharing a touch of the Chiswick experience at home.
Matt Moran has shared his utterly delicious Maple Syrup and Clove Christmas Ham recipe for you to enjoy on Christmas Day. Impress your friends and family at home this Christmas with Matt Moran’s festive Christmas Ham recipe.
1 leg of good quality ham
250g brown sugar
2tbs English mustard
60ml cider vinegar
60ml maple syrup
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Remove the skin from the ham whilst leaving the fat on. Score the fat with a knife in a criss-cross pattern, then place a clove in the centre of each diamond.
3. Place the ham on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until the fat starts to brown.
4. Mix together the sugar, English mustard, cider vinegar and maple syrup. Brush some of this mix onto the ham and continue to bake.
5. After 10 minutes, brush the ham again and continue to bake. A rich caramel glaze should be building over the ham fat. Keep repeating this process until the entire glaze has been used and the ham is nicely glazed.
6. Remove the ham from the oven and allow to rest of 15 minutes before carving. If you want to make this ahead of time and serve it at room temperature, wrap the cooled ham in plastic film or place in a ham bag and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.